JGC CORPORATION (UK) LIMITED/JGC NEW ENERGY UK LIMITED
TAX STRATEGY AND POLICIES
Compliance with Tax Laws
- JGC CORPORATION (UK) LIMITED and JGC NEW ENERGY UK LIMITED (hereinafter referred to as JGC UK Entities) set out herein their Tax Strategy and Policies.
- This document has been approved by the Boards of Directors of the JGC UK Entities on 31 December 2017.
- This document is being published in accordance with paragraph 16(2) of the UK Finance Act 2016 and is effective for the fiscal year 2017.
Tax Strategy and Policies
- JGC UK Entities are committed to conducting business in a legal, ethical and professional manner.
- JGC UK Entities are committed to maintaining a high standard of integrity in all UK tax matters.
- JGC UK Entities comply with all relevant tax laws, rules, regulations, and the spirit of UK tax law.
- JGC UK Entities will not undertake transactions wholly motivated by tax avoidance or from which there is no economic benefit to JGC UK Entities other than legitimate tax savings.
Relationship with HM Revenue & Customs
- Day-to-day tax matters are delegated to the accounting staff of JGC UK Entities.
- JGC UK Entities seek professional advice from reliable accounting firms to ensure that their interpretation of UK tax law and its spirit is correct.
- Throughout their employment of these firms, JGC UK Entities identify and avoid tax risks in the UK such as the filing of late or inaccurate tax returns, etc.
- JGC UK Entities are open and transparent in their approach to dealings with HM Revenue & Customs (hereinafter called HMRC).
- All dealings with HMRC are conducted in a courteous and timely manner.